Building a team with depth and breadth of safety expertise is a key part of our safety approach. Inside Aurora, we have multi-disciplinary experts with decades of experience in self-driving and automotive safety. And to ensure we’re always testing our assumptions and raising our safety standards, we also want to leverage the expertise of safety leaders outside of Aurora. The Safety Advisory Board will offer an external perspective on Aurora’s overall approach to safety, as well as other broader industry topics, like how we engage with regulators and the public. They’ll also offer feedback on systematically managing, controlling, and mitigating safety risks.
This Board is made of experts from fields including aviation safety, insurance, emergency/trauma medicine, automotive safety, and academia:
- Shailen Bhatt, President and CEO of ITS America
- Dave Carbaugh, Former Chief Pilot Flight Operations, Boeing
- Adrian Lund, Managing Member of HITCH42, LLC and former President of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Dr. Victoria Chibuogu Nneji, Lead Engineer & Innovation Strategist at Edge Case Research
- Dr. Jeff Runge, President of Biologue, Inc. and former Administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- George Snyder, President and CEO of GHS Aviation Group
Together we’re paving the way for a safer future.
–– We’re always looking for people who want to advance our mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Learn more about open roles on our Safety team and beyond: aurora.tech/careers