Effective Date: 10/1/20
Collection of Information
Aurora does not currently offer any public products or services, so we collect limited information about you through our Website and social media presence. The information we may collect from you is outlined below.
Information You Provide to Aurora
We collect information you voluntarily provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you apply for a job, fill out a form, provide feedback, participate in any interactive features of the Website, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Aurora’s Website
When you visit our Website, Aurora may automatically collect information about you, through the following technologies:
- Log Information: We may collect log information about your use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Other similar technologies: We may also automatically collect information through Web beacons, tracking pixels, and other tracking technologies on our Website. For example, Aurora uses Google Analytics to help us understand your use of our Website and improve your experience. You can learn about opting-out of Google’s collection by visiting this site.
Information Aurora Collects From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through Aurora’s Website or social media presence. For example, if you are applying for a job with Aurora, we may collect information about you from third parties, such as social media, identity verification services, and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve Aurora’s Website or career outreach;
- Provide any information you request;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Aurora and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Aurora and others;
- Personalize and improve the Website;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In accordance with or as required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, such as in response to a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or doing so is necessary to either protect the rights, property and safety of Aurora or others or to investigate fraud;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Aurora and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be linked to you.
Social Sharing Features
The Aurora Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share information with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Aurora does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we find out that a child under 16 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
Aurora takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Aurora is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by Aurora. Aurora has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites, including third-party websites enabling our social media presence. Please review the privacy policies of any sites you visit before providing information to or otherwise using those third-party websites.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Aurora by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.